WITH A CASA VOLUNTEER, CHILDREN:
• are more likely to find a safe, permanent home
• are more likely to be adopted
• are half as likely to re-enter foster care
• are substantially less likely to spend time in long-term foster care
• are more likely to have a plan for permanency, especially children of color
• receive more attention and services while in care
• are more likely to have a consistent, responsible adult presence
• spend less time in foster care
• receive improved representation in court
• do better in school performance
• are more likely to pass all courses
• are less likely to have poor conduct in school
• half as likely to re-enter foster care
Every year over 200 children in Franklin County find themselves involved in juvenile court due to abuse and neglect by the very hands of those who are entrusted with their care, love and guidance.
These children are victims. They are removed from their homes, schools, friends and family due to abuse and neglect.
They have had so many people in and out of their lives.
They don't know who to trust and believe in.
They need hope and someone to lean on for their best interest.
That is where CASA steps in! A CASA Advocate focuses on one family at a time getting to know these children needs, wishes and desires. Advocating not only in court but on their behalf for better services whatever environment that may be.
The Mission of CASA of Franklin County is a non-profit agency which provides trained volunteers to advocate in the best interest of abused and neglected children in the juvenile court system.
CASA Advocates are making life long differences in children's lives every day! Unfortunately there are 200 children in Franklin County and over 100 NEED A CASA ADVOCATE!
We need women and men who are willing to take 10 hours a month to commit time and make a direct impact for our children.
These are our children. Children you pass in Wal-Mart, who attend school with your children and grandchildren. These are children like every child needs someone to step up and be their voice, to support them in their time of need.
CASA Advocates receive training, support, and supervision throughout their case to ensure quality advocacy for the children we are court appointed to serve.
MORE BENEFITS OF HAVING A CASA ADVOCATE:
• The time needed by lawyers is reduced
• CASA Advocates are more likely than paid lawyers to file written reports
• For each of 9 duties, judges rated CASA/GAL volunteers higher than attorneys
• CASA Advocates are highly effective in having their recommendations adopted by the court